Thursday, October 9, 2014

Spirits of Nature

Fox Spirit

While traveling on my way home from work my spirit was called to by another. I looked around to find out from where the voice was coming from, when I saw a relation laying on the side of the road. A red fox was there. I quickly pulled over to care for his remains. I removed his body from the road and lay him back on the earth where his spirit may find peace. I felt sadness and compassion in my heart, that he had met such a dishonorable death. I offered his spirit some tobacco, and prayers that one day someone would think and do the same for me. We too can meet an untimely and unfitting demise at any given moment. May someone think of us enough to give us dignity in death, and show compassion and respect for our remains.


Grandfather says:
Far too often men become arrogant in their thinking and believe that they are above the rest of our relations in nature. They think they are separate. That the only living beings that count the most are the human beings. This has become the gods of men, their high thoughts of themselves and those things that are produced from the mind. Sadly this type of arrogance has spread and tainted all races of man. When you see a fallen relation by the road grandchildren do what you can for that fallen spirit. Honor them as you would your own family. They are as much a part of you as the water, earth, and sky. Do not pass them by without a prayer .....without a thought. Remember the ways of your elders, and what ways we were taught in living in balance with all of creation. Love, honor, respect, and dignity. We are all connected in the sacred hoop of life.

-Juan Errante

www.giannicrow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment