Thursday, May 8, 2014

Why are you getting up in the morning?



When I was having breakfast early one morning with my grandfather, I have to admit I was cold, tired and cranky from the previous day of work. I wanted to sleep a little longer. 


"Do you even have a reason to be up this morning, Grandson?" I stayed quiet. "Each one of us has a motive to live. For some it is for the greater good of men and there are others who have no direction whatsoever. Some people are up at this time because they want to be rich, others are in search of fame and attention. Some need to be in control, overpowering people and their resources. But then there is us, grandson, the people who want to live in harmony with the earth and all that's in it. This is our mother, this is our home, this is our way.  What is your motive today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment